Your Business Community Logo

Call Us On 0333 358 3399

Join Now Button

East of England press releases

A landlord has been fined after a defective gas appliance was found to be in operation at his premises.

 

Ashby Bedeau rented out a property in Rutland Road, Bedford. In February this year his tenants felt unwell and contacted the gas helpline.

An engineer arrived and stopped the property’s gas supply as carbon monoxide was found to be present. He advised the tenants to go to hospital. Subsequently it was found the gas hob was defective. British Gas capped off the hob as immediately dangerous.

Authors: HSE

Read more

Only registered members can post comments - please login or register.