- The government has announced that as inflation has remained low there will be no change in the following for 2016-2017
- Statutory Sick Pay SSP remains at £88.45 per week
- Statutory maternity pay SMP,
- Statutory paternity pay SPP,
- Statutory adoption pay SAP
- and Statutory shared parental leave pay SMLP all remain at £139.58 per week although for maternity leave the 1st 6 weeks the rate is 90% of average earnings.
Minimum wage however will rise on April 1st for those 25 and over to £7.20 per hour